Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Power Balance Bracelet - spread the word?

I am faster, stronger, more focused, balanced, more flexible, etc, etc.  Why? Because I am the new proud owner of a Power Balance bracelet.  These little silicone bands with their "hologram/Mylar material at the core of Power Balance has been treated with energy waves at specific frequencies.  The resulting Mylar is believed to resonate and work with your body’s natural energy flow to help enable you to perform at the best of your ability."  Whether you believe the hype or if it is simply the power of suggestion, these bands have created quite a buzz lately.

Here at our office this afternoon it looked like an episode of The Office.  On our sugar highs from a work room loaded with Christmas goodies and our Power Balance bands that got here this afternoon we put them to the test.  We flexed, stretched and tried to pull each other over.  I'm not sure if we actually accomplished anything in the midst of our teasing and laughing, but I do want to try it out at the gym...where let's just say my, ummm, "gracefulness" isn't always apparent.  Especially while doing lunges with a 20 lb dumbbell in each hand.

Athletes are on YouTube, blogs, tv, commercials, etc touting how much it has done for them.  People see the "change" these bracelets bring about and rush to get one for themselves.  I'm not knocking these people, seeing that I'm wearing a Power Balance Band at the moment!  But my thought is this, if something changes your life for the better, even something as simple as better balance or flexibility, we are quick to tell someone else about it.  Yet as Christians we have been given the eternal life-changing gift that Jesus has given us.  Has He changed you, has He showered you in grace, mercy, and love?  Has He picked you up out of a pit and set your feet on solid ground?  Has He stuck by you when you questioned Him, been mad at Him, even yelled at Him? Has He brought more peace, balance and focus to your life?  And yet how many of us are rushing around telling our friends what Jesus has done for us?

Hopefully when someone sees my Power Balance and asks me about it, I'll have the courage and boldness to not only tell them about the bracelet, but to also tell them about Jesus, the One who has brought the most change to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment