Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ion Technology and the Power Within

During Christmas I got a new hair dryer.  This is one of those semi-fancy ones that has all the settings.  Hot, warm, cold, cool shot button, high, medium and low.  It also stated it was a ceramic, ionic hair dryer.  The purpose of the ceramic is to heat up faster reducing drying time.  I looked to Wikipedia for a clearer explanation on the iconic feature:

"Many also feature “ionic” operation, to reduce the amount of static electricity build-up in the hair. Manufacturers also claim this makes the hair “smoother.” Some stylists today consider the introduction of ionic technology to be one of the most important advances in the beauty industry."

My hair gets really frizzy so I was excited about this ion feature but after using it for a few weeks now I haven't really noticed any difference at all.  Oh well, it's just a hair dryer.  But then, yesterday, for the first time, I notice a little switch on the very top of the hair dryer.  It says ion feature and the button can be switched off or on.  Duh!!  The default came out of the box switched to off, all I had to do was apply the button and there it was.  Was the ion feature missing this whole time? No, it was right there the whole time, I just wasn't using it.  I immediately thought of another area where we have what we need the whole time and sometimes wonder why it doesn't work. 

It made me think about the power of Christ in our lives.  When we are saved we have it within us through the Holy Spirit.  Are we always using it or applying it to our lives? No.  Does this mean that we don't have the power?  Are we missing it?  No, its there in us, we just aren't applying it to our lives.

I have now switched the ion button to "on" on my new hairdryer.  But in my life am I applying the power of Christ that I already have in me?  Something to think about for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment