Thursday, April 3, 2014

Reminders at My Desk


This is a photo of some trinkets I have on one of the ledges at my desk.  They are my reminders.  Why reminders?  Because how easily I forget lessons and how often I need a visual reminder.  They are also a great subtle way to share with others who ask what my eclectic collection is. 

The cotton ball I picked in Georgia - it reminds me that the fields are ripe to harvest and also that our sins are washed white. 

Wooden signs are self explanatory. 

Feather in old jar- it reminds me to write His words on my heart as well as to rise up with wings as Eagles (an eagle is often sitting on the beach near where I found this feather). 

Old green bottle, old aspirin bottle, driftwood, shell, claw and seed- all reminders that not all washed up and broken things are trash to be discarded. What we may see as trash, God scoops us up and displays as treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment